While driving into work this morning, I began thinking about how I’m using this blog and blogging in general. I came up with some open-ended questions for myself, none of which I’m able yet to answer.
- What ways can I merge my social media/new media passion with my job as a SQL developer into a career?
- What purpose do I really want this particular blog, to which I’ve assigned my name, to have?
- Should I separate the new media stuff on this blog from the technical stuff?
- How easy is it for someone looking at my resume to to really see what I’m about? Are folks finding the content I want them to find over here?
- Why do I have and maintain so many blogs? Would it be worthwhile to consolidate and/or “shut down” one or more of them?
- Is Blogger the tool I want to continue to use for my online presence, or is it worthwhile to move it to another blogging platform?
- How can I best communicate the technical aspects of my work in a way that is easy for someone to understand? Do I do this for myself mainly, or do I do this to inform others, too?
If you have any thoughts to share, please feel free to leave them in the comments.
Related tags: daniel+johnson+jr
Want to read more like this from Daniel Johnson, Jr.? If you do, subscribe right now!