- Download resume for Daniel Johnson, Jr. (pdf, 37.2 KB)
- Download LinkedIn profile for Daniel Johnson, Jr. (pdf, 51 KB)
Virtual Business Card
Rather than try to shove a boatload of information onto a tiny piece of cardboard and paper, I’m putting it here instead.
If you’ve received a card of mine, this is the page you should find. It’s all the stuff I wanted to shove on the card.
Daniel Johnson, Jr., from Cincinnati, Ohio, believes in the power of connecting others and is intrigued by what it takes to tell a great story.
He has been spending time in the new media playground for over ten years, working on various projects and connecting with others online and in-person. He has 14 years of experience developing solutions that provide information to help people do their jobs and make better business decisions and is regularly sought out for social media strategy and management advice.
A natural leader, teacher and facilitator, he is a catalyst for drawing out the best in people and organizations. As a manager, he brings structure and organization along with humor and sensitivity. He decides which people are best suited to carry out projects and who will grow most from the experience, making sure everyone understands their importance and contributions they bring.
Ever-passionate about helping stories be told, Daniel has provided media production, content marketing strategy and management services for organizations and businesses and has been a supporter for raising awareness about domestic violence and abuse.
As the Founder and Community Manager of the New Media Cincinnati digital networking group, he organized and ran monthly events where people in the Greater Cincinnati area came together to discuss how emerging technologies could be used for fun and profit. Daniel has spoken around the Cincinnati area about how social networking tools can be used in effectively building an online presence.
With over 5 years of experience in the PEO/ASO and payroll services industry, he also worked as a Business Analyst for ThinkWare, focusing on their Microsoft Dynamics CRM integration and with their technical support team.
More recently, he’s been found teaching Business and Marketing part-time at Antonelli College in the Cincinnati area to students, giving them tools needed to help them tell their own stories.
His super powers include making connections easily and bringing out the best in others, his contagious enthusiasm, behind-the-scenes perspective, and skill in explaining complex subjects in ways that are simple and easy to understand.
What Daniel Has Done
- Chosen by the New Media Cincinnati community to win the 2010 New Media Cincinnati Digital Go the Distance Dedication Award
- Taught Marketing, Interpersonal Communication, Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Supervisory Skills, Social Media Applications, and Business as an Adjunct Instructor at Antonelli College
- Taught Business as an Adjunct Instructor at Beckfield College
- Worked as Business Analyst, CRM, and Technical Support, ThinkWare
- Volunteered as a Marketing/Social Media Volunteer and Speaker at the Job Search Focus Group
- Presented at Podcamp Ohio in 2008 and 2009
- Served as online production assistant at the Cincinnati Bass Blast event
- Produced social media press release for Hamilton County Job and Family Services
- Developed solutions for the payroll services company to help make payroll run smoother
- Developed tools to provide executive management with the data they need to run their businesses.
- Set up podcasting for clients to help make them visible in the iTunes directory.
- Spoke around the Greater Cincinnati area about social media and online personal branding.
- Founded and ran the New Media Cincinnati networking group.
- Founded, hosted, collected stories, and produced the How I Got My Job podcast series.
- Founded, hosted, and produced an internet music-based podcast.
- Provided audio/video production assistance and online media management to the Cincinnati Church of Christ.
- Set up, configured, and provided content for the following websites:
- Set up, configured, and provide content for the following Twitter profiles:
@danieljohnsonjr | @newmediacincy | @jazzmania | @quotesblog
- Set up, configured, and provide content on Ustream: http://ustream.danieljohnsonjr.com
- Set up, configured, and provide content on Flickr: http://flickr.danieljohnsonjr.com
- Set up, configured, and provide content Facebook: http://facebook.com/danieljohnsonjr
- Set up, configured, and provide content on Google Plus: +Daniel Johnson, Jr.
- Phone/Voicemail: +1-513-373-4442
- GoogleTalk: danimal0416
- Skype: danieljohnsonjr
- Email: blog at danieljohnsonjr dot com
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/danieljohnsonjr
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/danieljohnsonjr
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/danieljohnsonjr
- Yahoo: danimal0416
Here is an additional small sampling of my digital portfolio.
I don’t think this would have fit on a business card.