Essentials of Advertising and Marketing Communications
I’ve been taking an Essentials of Advertising and Marketing Communications course (aka MKT 395) from Arizona State University via iTunes U for a few months now. iTunes U has the course from Winter semester 2008. I’ve been listening to the lectures on my commute from Cincinnati to Dayton for a few months now. Although I won’t get credit for the course in terms of a degree, I am taking the course via iTunes U for the experience.
Dr. Vincent Blasko gave the class three assignments before the first exam, to be double-spaced on a single sheet of paper. I will be completing the assignments through posts to this blog. The first three assignments were as follows:
- Service Encounter. Describe a service encounter you recently experienced, whether a good or bad one. Describe what made it so.
- Detective. Pick someone you’ve seen in public. Describe him or her. What kind of clothes does he or she wear? What is in his or her shopping cart? What kinds of activities do you think this individual enjoys? Pick a product or service you think you could sell that person.
- Super Bowl. Pick a commercial that ran during the Super Bowl. What was the strategy (if you could figure it out)? How was the strategy executed?
Related articles by Zemanta
- Turn your iPhone or iPod into a Portable University
- iTunes U
- iTunes U: Free Educational Content at Your Fingertips
Want to read more like this from Daniel Johnson, Jr.? If you do, subscribe right now!